News Section

Catch up with all the latest news

Other Sources of Funding

There are other sources of funding. The Independent Living Fund, for example, was set up to work with social services to jointly fund care packages. The ILF is no longer open to new applicants, but people already getting support will continue to get it until 2015.

Some charities can help with funding care needs.

For example, the Family Fund is a charity that can help with grants if you care for a severely disabled child 17 or under.

Other sources of help include the Social Fund. This can provide discretionary loans and grants to people who are receiving certain means-tested benefits. The Access to Work scheme can help with work-related needs (such as equipment, adaptations or travel costs) for people with disabilities. Children or students with disabilities may be able to get funding from various education authorities. (See External links, right).